Go Group Media was established in 2009 by a group of professional journalists and editors. It works mainly in Georgia and the South Caucasus region.
Our mission is:
- to voice local concerns and facilitate a deeper and more informed dialogue within the society and in particular within the regions outside the capitals.
- One of our key-targets is creation of greater opportunities for ordinary members of society, including members of minority groups, to respond to new realities and play a more active role in decision-making in the region and beyond.
- To challenge predominant myths and stereotypes by providing information on complex issues and channels for dialogue.
- Helping societies afflicted by violence to understand the long-term benefits of a peace-building process.
- To soothe tensions between different communities in the Caucasus which are often exacerbated by a lack of reliable information.
- We support people to people contacts between communities, including those in the regions divided by conflicts, in order to explore common points of understanding on the key problems and issues.
We consider journalism to be a good tool to accomplish our goals, and we believe it works best when it is enriched